Tuesday 21 October 2014

Only God gives Power – Ekere

Only God gives Power – Ekere
As the 2015 gubernatorial race hots up, the immediate past Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State and leading governorship aspirant of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Nsima Ekere KJW, has reminded contestants that it is only God that has the final say on the outcome of the race.

Speaking at Word Tabernacle, Uyo, during the dedication of little Se-Ema-Ekediong, daughter of President of Coalition of Akwa Ibom Youths, Obong Iniobong John, on Sunday, Mr. Ekere stated that he was looking up to God because only He will decide the winner of the contest.

His words: “It is God that has the final say. God gives power to whoever He wants. The matter is in the hands of God not in man. When God wants to anoint a man, He does not need permission from anybody because He is the Supreme Being. That is why I look up to God as the author and finisher of my faith.”

Mr. Ekere hinted that he would go into the ministry after his tenure as Governor in order to encourage Christians to hold firm to God.


“I tell people when I finish this particular mission that you are sending me, I will retire from public service and come into the pulpit,” he said. “I will share testimonies because the story of my life is a testimony. If I share it, I will encourage Christians to hold firm to God. “

Mr. Ekere had on Wednesday picked the PDP nomination form with a pledge to focus particularly on a four-point agenda for the development of the state.

The former Deputy Governor, who also picked the expression of interest form at the PDP National Headquarters, Abuja, told newsmen that his four-point agenda included education and people’s development, economic prosperity, health and social welfare as well as rural development.

No comments:

Post a Comment