Monday 29 December 2014

Victor Antai denies assassination plots on Oro Stakeholders

Victor Antai denies assassination plots on Oro Stakeholders
The chairman of Mbo Local Government Council, Rt Hon Victor Etim Antai has denied knowledge of any assassination plots against some Oro politicians who are opposed to his government and the concepts of his party, the PDP on the fourth coming general election.

Antai, who reacted to a publication on social media by a former commissioner for information and communications in Akwa Ibom State, Engr Ita Awak, said he never plotted or meet with anyone to plots the assassination of Oro politicians opposed to his party.

Ita Awak had on December 26,2014 posted on his Facebook timeline that Hon Victor Antai with some stakeholders of Oro extraction and Militants leaders from Bayelsa were plotting to assassinate some of Oro politicians like Hon. Robinson Uwak , Barr. Asuquo Asuquo Okpo, Eyo Okon (Eyo Swang), Engr. Larry Esin, Engr. Ita Awak, Chief Efiong Johnson, Barr. Efiong Abia, Mrs. Alice Ekpenyong, Hon. Bassey Etienam and Victor Okpo who are opposing the ideals of the ruling People’s Democratic Party in Oro Nation and as such begins with a threatened text messages which he considered curious.
He also alleged that Antai has recruited militants to cause mayhem in the fourth coming election which is slated on February 2015.

In a swift reaction through a phone conversation with our reporter, Victor Antai said he never plotted nor meet to recruit militants from his area to cause havoc or sent a threatened text message to anyone opposed to his government, the PDP ideals and Udom Emmanuel.

“My own is simple, I don’t have problem with anybody, if what they write about me is true or if such meeting as alleged, has ever taken place with me in attendance, let eternal Damnation be my own. but if they continue to blackmail me by spreading false rumor and allegations to the public, let eternal Damnation not depart from their family in Jesus name, Amen!”

He explained that he never in his life sent a threatened message to anyone on the said day, that what he did was to send a bulk goodwill/xmas messages to peoples in his WhatsApp contacts of his phone.

“ I even send the message to Obong Nsima Ekere, who later replied “merry Xmas too”;  people ,I never expected will respond, responded. When did wishing someone merry Xmas became a sin?” He asked rhetorically.

“On the actual day where they alleged that I had meeting with some stakeholders to plot assassination of our political opponents, I was completely indoor, I slept all throughout the day, when I woke up ,I realized it was late at night, I thought of what to do with friends, I then reasoned that I should send out Goodwill messages to people I have their contacts in my Whatsapp phone since I couldn’t meet them in person to celebrate the season and it was late already, I did that from my room.”He explained.

On the accusations of regrouping, recruiting and  training with Militants as alleged by one Abia Ante /Bisung which was posted on HOPE FOR ORO NATION an online platform for Oro people who are on social media; Antai said, As a grassroots politician, he went to his village on the xmass season, his village people came to his compound in Thousands with Traditional masquerade and other plays, “ I opened my gate wide for them, I rejoiced with them as a grassroots politician. I even distributed Rice, Cow, Drinks and other gift Items, just to put smile on their faces and make them happy this season.”

“A leader must stick close to his people not to stay in Uyo and write falsehood, which was what I did; I never recruited, regrouped or trained any militants group to fight or assassinate my political opponents as alleged.” He maintained.

He emphasized that the reason for accusations and cooked blackmail against his person was out of malice for his ardent support for Governor Akpabio and Udom Gabriel Emmanuel whom he strongly believed will succeed as the next governor.

Saying, “sooner or later Oro people will realize my efforts which are to salvage them. “There is nowhere in the world minorities can get power without coming together to support the majorities, if you’re going for war, you must at first come up with strategies that will see you through.” What if Oro man doesn’t become governor in 2015?” He asserted.

Hon.Antai, who is currently serving as the international vice chairman of Akwa Ibom Consolidation Alliance-ACA wonder why people should use the season which was meant for merriment to assassinate people’s character and libel leaders just because of political interest through spreading of false rumors.
While advising Oro indigenes to shun violence and see politics as a food ball game where winners always embraces each other and not a do or die business, 

Antai said, “if any Oro  stakeholders or indigenes has issue or interest that will affects our entirety , s/he should endeavours to come onboard for discus instead of ranting and accusing leaders, I’ll not stop supporting Governor Akpabio and Udom Emmanuel.” He maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment