Thursday 15 October 2015

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho fined £50,000 by FA

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho fined £50,000 by FA
Jose Mourinho has been given a sus pended one-match stadium ban and fined £50,000 by the Football Assocation.

The charge comes after the Chelsea manager admitted a breach of FA rules in relation to post-match media comments.

Mourinho was charged for misconduct following the game against Southampton at Stamford Bridge on Saturday October 3.

It was alleged his remarks constituted improper conduct in that they alleged and/or implied bias on the part of a match official or match officials and/or brought the game into disrepute.
After the home defeat to Southampton, Mourinho said: “When we are at the top I understand that there is quite a big pleasure in putting us down but when you are down I think you need to be a bit honest and to make clear that the referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea.

“The result [was] 1-1, there is a huge penalty and, once more, we don’t get. A penalty is a crucial moment in the game with the result 1-1.

“I repeat, if the FA want to punish me, they can punish me, they don’t punish other managers, they punish me - it’s not a problem for me.

“But I want to repeat because I think my players deserve it, I think our fans deserve it and I am a Chelsea fan too. I want to say it again: referees are afraid to give decisions for Chelsea.”

Mourinho’s suspended stadium ban will be immediately invoked should he be found by an Independent Regulatory Commission to have committed a further breach of FA Rule E3 for any comment or statement to or through the media before October 13, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment