Tuesday 29 March 2016

Now thank me God and You


Now thank me God and You

BY OSONDU AHIRIKA

What started off as a  little spark turned out to be my Super Sunday, as an unbelievable retinue of friends, well wishers, associates, family and the Christian community streamed in, overwhelming me, to esteem my Ordination service on Sunday March 13, 2016 with their presence.

I cannot forget in unthankfulness, the labours of love, intercessory prayers, solidarity and support, in kind and cash, from a host, I need to acclaim.

First, all Glory and honour to the Authour and Finisher of my fate, my father in heaven, whose unmerited grace brought me this justification. To God be the glory.

I accord special thanks to my Fathers in the Lord, His Grace, Apostle Victor Antai, the General Overseer of Grace Assembly Ministry Intl., whose hand God has used to raise me and fulfill predestination. I thank, His Lordship, Rt. Rev. Edem Bassey, the Bishop of Lutheran Church of Nigeria, Afaha Ibesikpo Zone, for his prayers and inspiration. His Lordship, Rt. Rev T. J. Iquot, Pioneer Bishop of LCN Nung Udoe Zone, Pastor Udeme and Prophet Solomon Peter all deserve good mention. I am indebted to Ven. Prof. Emeka Onwurah who led the induction with all solemnity. To my childhood buddy, Pastor Idy James, President, Salt of the Earth Fellowship, Uyo, I thank you.  To the Presbytery, Choirs, fellowships and members of Grace Assembly, I am filled with gratitude.

To the divinely assigned helpers of my destiny, Otuekong Prince Enobong Uwah,  the honourable Commissioner for Housing and Urban Renewal Akwa Ibom state, and his very beautiful and adorable wife, Mrs Inemesit Uwah, you made my event the success it was with your benevolence. The Information and Communications Commissioner, Hon. Deacon Aniekan Umanah stunned me with his kindness and encouragement. To the Honourable Commissioner for Works, Akwa Ibom State, Akparawa Ephraim Inyangeyen, you have a good heart.

The former International President of Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio and Honourable Commissioner of Transport, Prince Dr. Godwin Ntukude extended his incredible weight to bless my event and i owe him gratitude.
I extend this commendation to the Member representing Ibiono Ibom state Constituency and Chairman House Committee on Information, Rt. Hon. Barrister Ime Okon, I will never forget your virtue of love and humility. 


The member Itu State Constituency, Hon. Prince Idongesit Ituen and his pretty wife Jessie , is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. For the member representing Onna State Constituency, Hon. Nse Essien, your indomitable spirit of love resonated on that day. 

The Transition Committee Chairman of Mkpat Enin Local Government Area, Hon. Ephraim Akpan and the First Lady of Eket, Mrs Bright Frank Archibong consolidated his love for me on Super sunday. Sir’, I am grateful.

To the former Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs who served two Governors and Don of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Elder Udeme Nana, I thank you. Elder Patrick Albert, State Chairman, Nigeria Union of journalist, his Vice , Mrs Florence umoetuk, and Secretary, Elder Joseph Robert NUJ Chairman Emeritus Joe Effiong, NUJ Chairman Emeritus, Elder Isrel Umoh, all stooped to conquer all my fears. Comrade Ernest Akpan, Chairman League of Publishers, Akwa Ibom State, Comrade Amos Etuk, chairman, Consolidated Chapel and his predecessor Comrade Lucy Daniel, emeritus chair, Chairman Federated Chapel of NUJ, Comrade Inimfon Silas, Chairman Insight Chapel, Comrade Barr. David Augustine, Comrade Dennis Udoma, Chairman, Correspondent chapel, I am really grateful.

The team of Special Assistants to Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel were a blessed addition to the mix. Permit me this roll call in no particular order, Mr Raphael Edem, Mr Aniekeme Finbarr, Mr Emmanuel Nicholas, Mr David Sergeant a.k.a Utang Akwa Ibom, Mr Godfather Inieke Uko, Mr Joseph Okon and Mr Uwemedimo Umanah. I am grateful to you all, and you proved I am in the right company..

My colleagues in the pen profession astounded me with their goodwill. Let me attempt a list. The publishers, Otuekong Franklyn Isong and his amiable wife Emem, Mr Emmanuel Sam, Mr Udeme Inyang, Mr Nsibiet John, Mr Victor Aliki, mr Ndanti Ekuh,  Torobong Ekpo, Mr Ifreke Nseowo, mr Ephraim ikpe, Mr Emmanuel Silas, Augustine Akpan, Theophilus Yurika, my muslim compatriot, Alhaji Aminu Ebong, the creative E4 Plus crew of Mr Edidion Udobia, Sister Evelyn Affia, and Essien Inyang, Emmanuel Ikpe, Emmanuel Akpan oh how grateful I am.

Mr James Edet, International Secretary Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio was the earliest caller and tarried with me to the end, not to mention the erudite scholar, Mr Promise Etim.

To Elder and Mrs Okechukwu Ejelonu, former Director Lutheran Hour Ministries, Mr Abasiama Popiscool, Mr Ekemini Nathaniel Mr Ibanga Akpan and Mrs Ebiere Zounaki,  I feel indebted. 

I will not forget my comrades who work with Commissioner Enobong Uwah, including his Chief of Staff, Hon. Abbas Okodi, Special Assistant on Protocol, Mr Ufumaka Shadrach, S.A, General Duties, Mr Emmanuel Ben and Mr Itoro Etim, as well as the Secretary Akwa Ibom Youth Council and Secretary PDP Ward 7 Uyo, Comrade Linus Effiong.

How can I forget, Mr Courage Mbon, Mr Idorenyin Umana, Mr John Paul Ukpong, Mr Onofiok Andy, Mr Shearer Ukpong, Mr Mfon Patrick, the Duke of Uyo, Mr Imo Udoima, Mr Ekerette Umanah,
Let me thank my Parents, Ven. Dr & Mrs Edwin Ahirika and my siblings for the wonderful bond of Love.
Sister Immaculata Akpan, our music Director did a fantastic job as our ‘chairperon’ and I can’t thank her enough. My childhood friends Mr Nseobot Udofia, Bejoy Ezeobi, Idongesit Sylvanus, Uche Achumba, Kennedy Ezeobi, Emmanuel Ituen, Udoh Idang the Igbo community in Use Offot and so many others too numerous to mention, you are by no means unimportant to my records and reckoning. I am truly impressed and grateful.

The risk I bear with the foregoing analogy of indebtedness is that, I can by not stretch possibly acknowledge every name as the crowd overwhelmed me and as I write this ode, I do not have an attendance list to guide me. However, suffice it to say that, a full exercise book may not contain all the names on its pages. Let me avow that, this is part one of my eulogy and those not captured here shall get their due recognition. I humbly plead, you don’t hold it against me until I acquit myself of the acceptation of this obligatory debt. 

As I wind up this first phase of Thanksgiving, let me return all worshipful tribute to God with the words of this hymn by  Martin Rinkart (1586-1649), which lyrics read: Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices, who wondrous things hath done, in whom his world rejoices; who from our mother’s arms hath blessed us on our way with countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.

O may this bounteous God through all our life be near us, with ever-joyful hearts and blessèd peace to cheer us; and keep us in his grace, and guide us when perplexed, and free us from all ills in this world and the next.

All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given, the Son, and Holy Ghost, supreme in highest heaven, the one eternal God, whom earth and heaven adore; for thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore

No comments:

Post a Comment