Friday 16 March 2018

Mark Esset to brief constituents, March 28

Mark Esset to brief constituents, March 28

BY EMMANUEL AKPAN

The member representing Nsit Atai State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Hon. (Elder) Mark Esset has said that he has concluded plans to brief his constituents.

Hon. Mark Esset made the disclosure on Tuesday during a media chat with journalists at the conference room of the House of Assembly complex, Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo.

The lawmaker said the forthcoming Nsit Atai Constituency Briefing/Empowerment Program which comes up on March 28, 2018, will take place at the Local Government council headquarters, Odot.

According to him, “During the event, elders, women and youths across the ten political wards in the area will be empowered. Empowerment has longed been an intrinsic part of my leadership strides at any position of leadership I find myself. This I do at personal capacity to individuals within and outside my constituency. Most times through humane disposition which need not be made public but somehow it strays to the public domain.”


“It is worthy of note that while I served as an Executive Chairman of Nsit Atai Local Government Area, I empowered my people which has never happened in the History of Nsit Atai. Empowerment is an everyday stride for me as I need no special time for it. But for the purposes of emphasis and reference, we need to make a special occasion for it.”

He maintained that as a lawmaker, his critical responsibility is making good and effective laws, adding that versighting responsibilities falls under committee’s engagements while representation is a of reaching out to his constituents to improve their lots.

In his words, “In my capacity as a lawmaker, I have engaged passionately in legislative business as I have taken active part in making good laws by co-sponsoring over 17 Bills and sponsored 3 motions. This include; a motion on stopping the abuse of traditional injunctions by village heads; a motion on the need to recognize Ibedu, Essien Itiaba, Ibia Ikot, and Ndisiak Clans of Nsit Atai Local Government Area by the State Government; a motion on the outbreak of herbivorous and crop disease in Akwa Ibom State. Also, I have contributed immensely in debates on the floor of the House and I brought to fore Matters of urgent public importance which were considered by the Sixth Assembly.”

“Since inception of the present Assembly, I have been on ground running with oversight functions. I have served as the Chairman Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources which after a routine house reshuffle. I have also been a Chairman Committee on Commerce, Industry and Tourism; and currently the Chairman, Committee on Boundary and Conflict Resolution.”

In the area of projects, Hon. Mark Esset said he has facilitated the renovation of the Classroom Block at Essien Itiaba Community Secondary School, Ikot Asua; facilitated the renovation of a Classroom Block at Government School, Okoro Atai; Construction of the Asan Ibiaikot (Civic Center), Idiaba; facilitated the renovation of a Classroom Block at QIC Central School, Iwok; and I also facilitated the construction of Primary School, Ikot Ubok Udom as well as Community Secondary School, Ikot Akpan Ike.


He however, disclosed that he has bought over 100 JAMB Forms and organized JAMB preparatory classes to indigenes of the area even as he added that he is currently running a medical retainership with First love Foundation Clinic, Aka Road and Nsikak-Abasi Clinic, off Ukana offot Street, Uyo, where his constituents are given medical attention at his own expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment